The complete works of William Shakespeare are available here.
Biographical and contextual information:
- Harrison, William. Description of Elizabethan England. (1577)
- more from Holinshed's Chronicles.(1577)
- Rowe, Nicholas. Some Acount of the Life &c. of Mr. William Shakespeare. (1709)
- Hazlitt, William. Characters of Shakespeare's Plays. (1817)
Sources for Much Ado About Nothing:
- Ariosto, Ludovico. Orlando Furioso, Cantos V-VI. 1532. Trans. Sir John Harrington, 1591.
- Bandello, Matteo. Novelle. 1554. download the Italian version.
- Spenser, Edmund. The Faerie Queene. Book II, Canto IV. 1596.
- Berger, Harry. Against the Sink-a-Pace: Sexual and Family Politics In Much Ado About Nothing. Shakespeare Quarterly 33, No. 3. (Autumn 1982) [JSTOR]
- Cook, Carol. "The Sign and Semblance of Her Honor": Reading Gender Difference in Much Ado about Nothing. PMLA 101, No. 2. (Mar. 1986) [JSTOR]