Examples for Students:
These examples consist of 18 scenarios. Topics covered include: definitions of plagiarism, academic integrity, citation, paraphrasing, summarizing and documentation. All of the quoted passages in this tutorial are from the following source:
Novak, Barbara. Nature and Culture: American Landscape and Painting 1825-1875. New York: Oxford University Press, 1980.
Prof. Novak, Barnard’s Professor Emerita of Art History and "one of the most influential theorists of American art," was awarded the Barnard Medal of Distinction in 2002.
- Self-Test: Identifying and Avoiding Plagiarism [D. Gardner, Univ. of Hong Kong]
- The Plagiarism Court [Fairfield Univ.]
- What is Plagiarism at Indiana University? [T. Frick, Indiana Univ.]
- Plagiarism and Academic Integrity at Rutgers University [Rutgers Univ.]
- Plagiarism Tutorial [Prentice Hall, Inc.]
- Plagiarism: Test Your Knowledge! [Univ. of Southern Mississippi]